How can we improve WindowTabs?

Add auto hide for maximized tabs, tabs will fade out until top of screen is touched by mouse

When I go to use a program then maximize it, the tabs are there, but they always get in the way when I want to click something at the top of the window. So maybe have the ability to set a time limit for each individual program w/ WindowTabs to show when the tab bar at the top will appear.

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MichaelMichael shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • yoyotorpedoyoyotorpedo commented  · 

It is the same for shrink and align tabs, it works only for the opened documents but this won't be kept next time document is open.
        If you can please have a look, it would be great.
        Thanks

• yoyotorpedoyoyotorpedo commented  · 

Hello
        If i don't want to use this function, I can untick autohide maximize but this is working only for the open document.
        As soon as I close it and reopen it, autohide maximize is ticked again
        I'm using portable version.

• Daniel BuchnerDaniel Buchner commented  · 

You can just collapse the tabs to a small (4px tall) visual indicator that, when moused, animates the tabs down into view.

• Paul JordanPaul Jordan commented  · 

No, what is needed is a proxy that collapses and expands. For example, in Firefox, maximize puts it's tabs on the highlest row, so WT will block them - not good. But, in your solution, if I hover close to the top, the tabs will appear - but what If I just want to use the near-top Firefox tabs?

There is still a conflict. What is needed is a "collapse to proxy", and hovering over the proxy will slide in the WT again. The proxy could be a single small WT, so that you can still click around it even if the small proxy is over a Firefox tab.

The problem is not just with Firefox either - also when many tabs are used, and block the file path in the title bar in the window. Again, Proxy, especially a right aligned proxy, will solve this 99% of the time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base