How can we improve WindowTabs?

Clicking the top edge of the tabs to activate

When tabs are flipped, clicking the very top of the window(flipped tab) border is for "window resize" now. But I want to switch the tab. I don't want to be bothered by 1px mouse cursor move. :-(

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    knoaknoa shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob JRob J commented  · 

Are you making any progress on this one?

• knoaknoa commented  · 

Yes yes, thank you, Paul, and Maurice. :-)

• Maurice FlanaganAdminMaurice Flanagan (Admin, WindowTabs) commented  · 

Paul your comment led me to what I believe is the real issue - if you dock a window left or right using Windows Snap (drag window to left or right edge) then it appears full screen but the tabs are positioned a pixel off of the top, so you get the resize bar. If its truly maximized, this doesn't happen. This is a simple fix

• Paul JordanPaul Jordan commented  · 

I think he means when the tab is flipped because of proximity to top of screen - not because of a maximized screen. If it is flipped, but not maximized, then the cursor will turn to a resize if you are nto careful.

While this has never happened to me because of the way I work with windows, I can see his point.

• Maurice FlanaganAdminMaurice Flanagan (Admin, WindowTabs) commented  · 

I agree, it should change tabs, not do the "resize" however, on the apps I have tested with, it DOES change tabs when you click the very top.

What application do you see this "resize" behavior with? What OS version?

Feedback and Knowledge Base