How can we improve WindowTabs?

WT on Win7 takes over a program's jumplist

I'd like to disable the behaviour of WT on the taskbar. At the moment, it adds a WT symbol to the bottom right corner of the icon of the app and the icon is effectively for the WT shell, not the original application.
This means that the jumplist is replaced with the one for WT.
Please add a config option to disable the taskbar grouping / icon switch.

163 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Turion commented  · 

Great job in 2014.9.17!

• Cliff commented  · 

I generally like how the taskbar buttons are grouped, but I too would like to be able to access the jump list of the underlying program.

As an alternative to accessing jump lists from the taskbar button, I would also be OK with jump lists being accessible somehow via right-clicking of the group tabs. I don't know how feasible that would be though, or if it would be any easier than just making a program's jump list accessible via taskbar button.

• Denny Instructor commented  · 

Is this post the same as from http://windowtabs.uservoice.com/forums/27588-general/suggestions/2670040-show-the-taskbar-icon-for-top-window-in-group-lik ?
        I would like to be able to use the originally pinned application instead of a "newly created" taskbar icon when WindowTab is being used. When I pin this newly created one, the icon of the originally pin app/software (e.g. microsoft word) disappears and becomes WindowTab. Please fix! Looks like the last comment was from Sept. 9th and still no update on it?

• westor commented  · 

This option is good i don't want the icon to be into the notification area so you can just add an option to enable/disable it!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Maurice, I'm the one who opened this and I don't think it's different to the request you mentioned. Evidently I didn't search with the right terms before posting. Feel free to mark this as a dupe. I really would like WT to be entirely transparent when it comes to the Win7 taskbar icons and Jumplists.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes I would like to have the jumplist of the top window!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I also would like to have an option like that!

Feedback and Knowledge Base