How can we improve WindowTabs?

Issue with outlook

Still seeing an issue related to min/max using MS outlook in the latest release (2012.12.30).

Steps to reproduce
Open a calendar entry
Decline and propose a new time
At this point the calendar window is automatically minimized by outlook a new email entry window is opened. Its here that all of the outlook windows periodically get 'stuck' in a minimized state

To correct the issue turn off windows tabs for outlook. Maximize one outlook window. Turn back on window tabs and select autogroup which brings back the other windows from a minimized state.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shawn shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Axel Grude commented  · 

There is still a problem with my outlook (may have been caused by your latest version?). It actually hides the main window (the one with the inbox) while keeping child windows (single mails) visible. Is this something you can fix? I rang our internal software support to find out that it was caused by WindowTabs. First thought that the Inbox window was closed but found out that the task was still running in the background via the notification icon.

• AdminMaurice Flanagan (Admin, WindowTabs) commented  · 

Shawn, thanks for the detailed repro steps, very helpful - I am able to reproduce this which is half the battle. I think this maybe a problem for some other apps to so it will be good to get this fixed, I'll update this thread with status.

Feedback and Knowledge Base