How can we improve WindowTabs?

Issue with activating license key in new versions

Some customers are experiencing problems activating recent versions of WindowTabs with their license key. This issue has to do with some changes in WindowTabs, it connects over the internet to validate the key. I am working on adjusting the way this works to hopefully solve this issue. Subscribe to this issue for notification when a fix is ready.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminMaurice Flanagan (Admin, WindowTabs) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I am still having trouble with the latest version 2014.6.23 - This is from a laptop that connects to the network via VPN so it might be to do with this - I send an email (with my license key) to support@windowtabs.com around a week ago, still waiting for an answer. Can you get in touch with me?

• Christophe Furmaniak commented  · 

I sent a request for an offline activation code on April 1st and no answer yet.

(using version 2014.4.2)

• Kamil commented  · 

Thank you, just used the offline activation key and it worked.

• Turion commented  · 

Hey, I'm not sure why that is happening.

In the 2013.5.23, there is a Offline button, just below the Activate button in the License section.
        You can contact support@windowtabs.com about your issue and you should get the required license key to activate the program.
        Hope this helps.

• Kamil commented  · 

OK, it's been 4 days now I would expect some sort of a response by now, unless the project has been abandoned. This a little bit irritating since I paid for this program and this not some freeware.

• Kamil commented  · 

I have the 2013.5.23 version and I am unable to activate my license key over the internet. The previous version 2013.4.12 I had no issues with. Whenever I try to activate the newer version it just locks up with Not Responding and then Activation Failed but somehow it still remembers my license key.

• Turion commented  · 

Hey, when you start WindowTabs, an icon appears in the system tray and a notification bubble says "WindowTabs is running...Right-click this icon for more options".
        Right-click the icon and select Settings...
        A window will open and across the top will have some tabs.
        Select the License tab and copy and paste your license key into the box, and click Activate.
        A message "WindowTabs has been successfully activated" should be displayed.

To use WindowTabs, open Notepad or any program, like Chrome or Windows Explorer.
        You can then click on the Programs tab and click "Refresh" just below it.
        You should see a list of CURRENTLY running programs.
        Click the check box in the list to add tabs to a program.
        Hope this helps, cheers.

• Joe Mirus commented  · 

I just paid for my tabs and you tell me to right click on any tab. I don't have any tabs to click on

Feedback and Knowledge Base