How can we improve WindowTabs?

Nested tabs within a docking solution

I noticed on your website that the creator of WindowTabs got the idea after working with stock traders. I am a trader as well, and I noticed that there are a couple of functions that I would really like to see in your program, especially because I'm such a fan of WindowTabs, I'd hate to see someone else beat you to the punch.

The functions in mind are:
1) The option to switch between tabbed mode and Side-by-Side mode (regardless of number of windows tabbed together)
As a trader, I like to group my windows, but I dont always want them tabbed, sometimes I need to be able to see them side by side instead at times. The ability to move a vertical border sideways would also be nice, for example, giving 1 side by side window less horizontal room while increasing the horizontal room for others.
2) If we have multiple side-by-side mode windows, I'd like the ability to tab them. For example, have 1 main window that is full of tabs, each tab is actually another tabbed group that is in side-by-side mode. So we're talking about nested tabs here, a tabbed group that makes up a single tab in a larger tab group. As a trader, this allows me to quickly tab through each set of windows, but at the same time, it keeps them in side by side mode so I can see multiple charts at a time, then allows me to flip to the next set of charts.

This would extremely helpful for someone who may be trying to trade on the go and does not have multiple monitors handy.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)